ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   General Scooter Discussion (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Oh, this poor guy (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52647)

carasdad 01-27-2013 10:52 PM

Hope he wound up ok. Watched it a few times and cannot figure out what caused it...all I saw was a light brush with a pole..at prolly 2mph or so. He must have been a newbie scoot rider doing a commercial or something?.. Cause I know 99% of us would have fared much better.

beachbum 01-27-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carasdad (Post 514958)
Hope he wound up ok. Watched it a few times and cannot figure out what caused it...all I saw was a light brush with a pole..at prolly 2mph or so. He must have been a newbie scoot rider doing a commercial or something?.. Cause I know 99% of us would have fared much better.

His plastic saddlebag hit the concrete poll. You can see how it breaks off just before he goes over.

inuyasha 01-27-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachbum (Post 514957)
Hahahaha. I am laughing with you, not at you.

That must have been scary watching your little scoot shoot off like that. Hopefully, it didn't do too much damage.

Hi
Laugh away my friend, im glad that episode has some positive outcomes and could put a smile on your face:tup::yay:
I posted the photos at the old scoot dawg in a thread i started when it happened over 2 years ago about feeling like an idiot
She only got a few scratches hardly of any notice, my wounded ego on the other hand took the full brunt of it:ugh:>:(
But we are only human are we not?
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

beachbum 01-27-2013 11:00 PM

Oh, I know about the hurt ego. Lol. Yes, moments like we posted only remind us of how human we are.

prodigit 01-27-2013 11:11 PM

I was installing some led light strips on my scooter.
The led light circuit was connected to 12V AC instead of DC, and I just thought the LEDS wheren't bright enough, so I tried revving the engine (hoping to increase the voltage on the LEDS).
Surely they got brighter, but also the bike, being a CVT, ran out on me.
Stupid me trying to stop the 300+LBS beast (250+cc's), bent one of my toes backwards as I put too much pressure on it, to stop the bike (was in my flip-flops); was blue for 1 week!
Lucky the bike did not go very far, as the front wheel hit the wall in front of it (about 6ft).

beachbum 01-27-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prodigit (Post 514965)
I was installing some led light strips on my scooter.
The led light circuit was connected to 12V AC instead of DC, and I just thought the LEDS wheren't bright enough, so I tried revving the engine (hoping to increase the voltage on the LEDS).
Surely they got brighter, but also the bike, being a CVT, ran out on me.
Stupid me trying to stop the 300+LBS beast (250+cc's), bent one of my toes backwards as I put too much pressure on it, to stop the bike (was in my flip-flops); was blue for 1 week!
Lucky the bike did not go very far, as the front wheel hit the wall in front of it (about 6ft).

That's two run away scooters...and one 180 into a truck.

spandi 01-28-2013 12:18 AM

Looks like he hit the post with his left saddlebag and was distracted just long enough to go over the side...Ouch! (hope he's ok.)

sharks06lly 01-28-2013 10:04 AM

lol i have a runaway for ya. went to lunch with my girl and when we came out battery was weak. so i hooked up my jump box to it and told my girl to start it while i held the rear brake on the left( it was on the side stand) she revved it up when she started it and it shot away from us and about 15 feet down into the ditch on its side. now normally i would be a little pissed about that but the look on her face had us both dying laughing about it

adventroad 01-28-2013 11:37 AM

Oh man that really sucks!!

scootnwinn 01-28-2013 11:53 AM

I know I have done stupid things many times the only ones coming to mind right now is 3-4 side stand pogos always heart stopping thankfully never painful I have OCD about sidestand position now...

terrilee 01-28-2013 11:55 AM

sorry
women dont do stupid s77t like that
we are PERFECT:lmao:

spandi 01-28-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrilee (Post 515079)
sorry
women dont do stupid s77t like that
we are PERFECT:lmao:

I have one word for you....Kardashian.

terrilee 01-28-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spandi (Post 515091)
I have one word for you....Kardashian.

lmsao

theres always exceptions to every rule

MEAN_MOTOFINO 01-28-2013 06:13 PM

He landed in the boat lol

jmstar09 01-28-2013 08:08 PM

I have to admit I laughed pretty hard when I saw it the first time but that really sucks for the guy cause his scooter has gotta be pretty much totaled. :no: