ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   General Scooter Discussion (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   two scootdawgs? (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52620)

Admin 01-26-2013 12:03 AM

I think he means that the way the forum was run, and the features, or lack there of, sucked. Let's face it, it was overcome with spam, which users dont particularly like.

But youre right, the posts were great, the info is great.. it was just housed in something not-so-good.

teddy554 01-26-2013 12:05 AM

The layout and the host not the member or the knowledge we put in it

teddy554 01-26-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrryan (Post 514380)
So Lee started the forum, left it and then sold it to another and wanted all of the material that sucks sent here? If that's the case why just not start new with new material? Why not just have a different name for the better forum with better software and no SPAM and the advertising?

BTW how can a forum that sucks be a good forum?

the other forum sucks was a still good forum

I see you pointed certain things out in my post but dodge the rest..lol

Admin 01-26-2013 12:07 AM

Exactly, the members are what makes a forum.

inuyasha 01-26-2013 12:17 AM

Hi
Until i see any thing contrary that changes my mind about the new site and so far i like what i see i can find no good reasons what so ever not to accept this as a pleasent new suprise enjoy the new site and the fellowship it now provides us all and thank Mike the new admin
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank

jrryan 01-26-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddy554 (Post 514385)
I see you pointed certain things out in my post but dodge the rest..lol

Didn't dodge anything, just didn't understand how a good forum sucks? http://www.scootdawg.net/images/icon...ticon_lmao.gif

teddy554 01-26-2013 01:02 AM

do you want to understand how a bad forum really sucks, go to scooter professor :lmao:

medman1952 01-26-2013 01:07 AM

OK, Really, I know that everybody here knows I am not really fond of Scoot Prof. But please lets not get into insulting people and places.

BTW, Mike was generous enough to extend a staff position to me here.

JR and I have had a couple very pleasant phone conversations recently, if we can be civil, most anybody can be civil.

jrryan 01-26-2013 01:11 AM

http://www.thescooterprofessor.probo...&user=teddy554

Then why are you there?

jonvolks 01-26-2013 01:13 AM

Well, I was just getting used to the other site and now a new one. Might take awhile to get used to this one.

teddy554 01-26-2013 01:29 AM

got a invite, plus its no secret already said im a member on every scooter forum including yours. I guess the same reason your here cause i like scooter but almost every person is a member of every other forum look at the topic most of them are posted on two or three sites. I really dont post on your but read when i go and keep quite

jrryan 01-26-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by medman1952 (Post 514395)
OK, Really, I know that everybody here knows I am not really fond of Scoot Prof. But please lets not get into insulting people and places.

BTW, Mike was generous enough to extend a staff position to me here.

JR and I have had a couple very pleasant phone conversations recently, if we can be civil, most anybody can be civil.

I enjoyed talking to you Doug, been a long time.

larrball 01-26-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inuyasha (Post 514388)
Hi
Until i see any thing contrary that changes my mind about the new site and so far i like what i see i can find no good reasons what so ever not to accept this as a pleasent new suprise enjoy the new site and the fellowship it now provides us all and thank Mike the new admin
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank

I'm with Hank on this one.

What's kinda funny is that we buy a scooter that is stock.
Then we mod it to make it bigger,better,faster.

Kinda like the two different forms, one is stock and this one is the modded one.

(Pinnies for your Dollar)

amac1680 01-26-2013 07:20 AM

Sorry most don't really care who runs/owns/or moderates. They want to talk about their scoots. Those who care have a history or a horse in this race. This thread only has a handful of posters the rest don't care. Some of this may be cyber-chest pounding for all I know. Again I don't care why.

Build it and they will come. Provide a resource and it will be found.

Be Big,
AMAC

terrilee 01-26-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrryan (Post 514401)
I enjoyed talking to you Doug, been a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by medman1952 (Post 514395)

did hell freeze over ??? :clap:
finally u 2 can be civil again,
i was sorta stuck in the middle,
both you guys were/ are very kind when i 1st started
never understood what the feud was about
but that happens all the time,
now can u play nice form now on??? :ugh: