ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   Forum News, Support & Feedback (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Welcome to the NEW ScootDawg Forums! -Please Read- (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52570)

beachbum 01-24-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooterparts3 (Post 513663)
Interesting! How the heck do i change my username? Like on the old forum the name i registered with was scooterparts3 but you can add i guess a nickname which i had set as Scooter Elements and i cant find it here.

You have to pm the mods and tell them your sign in name and then tell them the display name you want.

jeepsteve92xj 01-24-2013 03:20 PM

Nice upgrade. Now this will behave like 99.9% of all other forums I follow or read.
Thread Tools at the top is where you SUBSCRIBE to a thread, usually the options are instant, daily or weekly emails. Whichever you choose, that is how you save a thread for your interests. Easy peasy once you've done it.

I do wonder if the old forum will be migrated in. There is a lot of information over there.

I dont know if TAGS is an available option, but sometimes the search doodad sucks when it cant use short words such as OIL. If there was a thread about oil, and someone else was able to add a tag of LUBRICATION, I believe that would be useful.

Admin 01-24-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepsteve92xj (Post 513839)
Nice upgrade. Now this will behave like 99.9% of all other forums I follow or read.
Thread Tools at the top is where you SUBSCRIBE to a thread, usually the options are instant, daily or weekly emails. Whichever you choose, that is how you save a thread for your interests. Easy peasy once you've done it.

I do wonder if the old forum will be migrated in. There is a lot of information over there.

I dont know if TAGS is an available option, but sometimes the search doodad sucks when it cant use short words such as OIL. If there was a thread about oil, and someone else was able to add a tag of LUBRICATION, I believe that would be useful.

All the info was migrated over. And yes, tags are used.

Glad to see a few of you understand the significance on vBulletin. :D It really is light years ahead of the old forum.

inuyasha 01-24-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty (Post 513811)
Hi all,
Here I is
Lefty

Hi
Welcome back, the place just wasnt the same without you
Hope to see you here more often as i missed you dearly
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

scootercapecod 01-24-2013 03:43 PM

Glad to see a proactive approach to get rid of the spammers. At least I won't be reading about someone's dirty laundry or spousal issues.

Lefty 01-24-2013 03:43 PM

My sig still does not come up, I see it and click insert picture but nothing
Lefty

Admin 01-24-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty (Post 513850)
My sig still does not come up, I see it and click insert picture but nothing
Lefty

Works here.

Were you a previous member?

wutzthedeal 01-24-2013 03:50 PM

I like the reasons you did it. Haven't used it enough to decide if I'll like it for it's interface. People hate change; give it a chance, folks. I do need to get my fuelly icon/link back in sig cuz I'm awful proud of my 93mpg!

Lefty 01-24-2013 03:57 PM

Ok my sig finally came up But now how to add some verbage, I got into the editor and typed some stuff but zip.
Lefty

Lefty 01-24-2013 03:59 PM

AH, I see what is happening it takes a while for things to appear NEVERMIND troops.
Lefty

spandi 01-24-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty (Post 513811)
Hi all,
Here I is
Lefty

Oh my, first jr and now lefty?...... gosh this is like old home week here. (glad to see the "old timers" back!)

spandi 01-24-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrryan56 (Post 513782)

You're most welcome jr ....is that petit jean park?

spandi 01-24-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carasdad (Post 513651)
I like the new look...easy to use. But what I don't like is the 'Rate-a-thread option' Enough on here do not like me already...does this give them Carte Blanche to dislike enough posts to get a person banned or deleted??. :(

Naah, a guy with a flying v can't be all bad.

Guest_3 01-24-2013 05:13 PM

Very nice !!

scootnwinn 01-24-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spandi (Post 513876)
Naah, a guy with a flying v can't be all bad.

No doubt too bad he doesn't have the HAIR to go with it :hehe:

Sorry