ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   The Dawg Pound (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Sell the Trike? (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=55686)

Irish 03-04-2017 03:32 PM

Sell the Trike?

I want members opinions on this. I have been in great doubt about selling my Trike! There is nothing wrong with it. It looks & rides great & has loads of power but I really miss leaning in the curves! I got it because my left leg is lousy on balance & power & I didn't know if I could stand on my left leg & kick it over! I always rode OLDER bikes & didn't know that everything is electric start now. I don't think there is anything made with a kick starter now. Maybe I could ride a two wheeler again! My wife would be much happier if I kept the Trike because it's not about to tip over.:hmm::shrug::thanks: Irish:scoot::nuts:

wheelbender6 03-04-2017 06:28 PM

I see a lot of big trikes here in the Houston area, Irish. In fact, my neighbors from Canada ride a HArley trike (they winter here). I would borrow a 2 wheeler for a few days to try it out before selling the trike.

Irish 03-05-2017 11:23 AM

When I'm turning at an intersection , taking a right hand turn , I almost have to come to a complete stop , to make the turn. I feel like I'm driving a CAGE!:tdown:>: Irish:scoot::nuts:

wheelbender6 03-05-2017 12:31 PM

Most trikes I see here have a passenger. The passenger can move around all they want without causING control problems for the driver. You can carry a lot of stuff on a trike for overnight trips too.

Roscoe 03-06-2017 04:53 AM

My motto is don't buy something I can't pick up when it falls over. The suggestion of trying a two wheeler for a few days is a good one. For me a scooter is OK, I know the reflexes aren't what they use to be and just working on the thing reminds me I'm getting older faster than I thought. Old bones heal slowly so it's best not be breaking any.

rks 03-10-2017 06:14 AM

I know it can be tough to accept what mother nature does to us as we grow older......but it is a fact of life. Muscle tone, reflexes, balance, and many more body functions degrade over time.
I still ride and enjoy the two 1200cc cruisers I own, but know it's only a matter of time before the 600 pound 2 wheelers will be too much to handle. That is why I bought my three wheeler a year and a half ago....planning ahead.

So I think you should keep the trike, and get a light weight 2 wheeler (or even a scooter) for when you feel like leaning into a corner. Ya don't really have to be going 60+mph to have a good time.

http://scootdawg.net/picture.php?alb...&pictureid=758

Irish 03-10-2017 11:02 AM

Forget everything. Due to some very sudden health changes (including the big "C"). I have decided to keep the Trike. At least I'm still riding even if I can't lean.:hmm::yay: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish 04-12-2018 04:34 PM

I got up to go to the bathroom last night & fell down! I guess I'll act like a disabled 74 year old & stick with the Trike. I hate to get old but I figured that I'd be dead by 50 but I quit drinking & racing motorcycles under the influence so I guess that I can't complain! :yay: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish 03-25-2019 11:48 AM

Changed mind?

I'm thinking again about selling! I'm putting in a new clutch & changing my ft brake lines. This thing is starting to cost too much! I'm 75 now & I don't make money "Street Racing" anymore. I guess it's about time that I started thinking about money for the future!:shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:

Roscoe 03-26-2019 09:42 AM

I turned 70 last October, this getting old thing is getting interesting. It's hard believe in a couple of days it will 51 years ago I was drafted.

wheelbender6 03-26-2019 05:06 PM

I was doing an application for a federal job last week and it asked me if I was registered for the draft. I said I haven't registered since I got my dd-214.
You have a tough decision to make, Irish. If you are not able to ride the trike often enough, you will start having carb problems an that kind of stuff.

sc00ter 04-01-2019 12:44 AM

Keep the trike for now and track down a small 125ish cc scooter, to test the 2 wheeled water. My personal favorite is a Genuine Buddy 125. Very quick and well balanced. Also tough and reliable.