ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   General Scooter Discussion (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Couldn't turn it down! (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=56264)

Irish 06-23-2019 12:13 PM

Couldn't turn it down!

Time to build another Bike! I just sold my 2006 1200 Sportster with a DMC trike kit. I didn't want to sell it but I was offered $8000 & those hundred dollar bills sure looked good! That's what I did in N.H. I bought a few wrecked bikes , made one good(rebuilt) one & sold it. (ex) $50 for a '70 Triumph , .010 overbore , new pistons , wristpin , one main bearing , some paint , sold for $1800. Time to start again. the only trouble is. After I build them. I hate to part with them.:tdown::shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:
P.S. Some of the '70's had soft rings! If you played your cards right , Triumph would pay for a .010 overbore , pistons , etc. You didn't even have to send your old parts in.

wheelbender6 06-27-2019 09:47 PM

We bond with those machines when we build them and live with them. Keep on building, Irish.

Irish 06-29-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 537927)
We bond with those machines when we build them and live with them. Keep on building, Irish.

I know exactly what you mean! I had a garage in NH where I did my building & I have woken my wife at 2:00 AM to hear my cycles start on the 1st kick. I realize now that she probably didn't give a damn but you just want to show that your work is perfect & worth money. :tup:Irish:scoot::nuts:

Irish 07-13-2019 04:16 PM

I wish that I knew the people that I did in NH. there I could access just about anything that I wanted & knew that I wasn't getting screwed. You would not believe the things that some people that have been working on bikes have stashed away!:shrug::clap: Irish:scoot::nuts:
P.S. I've had people call me at all times of the day because they just knew that I had a special thing stashed over my garage! :yay:

Irish 10-19-2019 12:22 PM

After a few months time , I'm starting to regret selling my Bike. Unfortunately , I don't know the people that can be trusted here & I can't
find what I need to build. I've only been here for a short time(another reason to hate Florida) If I wasn't so old I'd move back! Besides that everything is H.D.here. One was enough. Irish:shrug:

Irish 02-22-2020 01:59 PM

I'm screwed now! My wife & I just went to NH over Thanksgiving to visit our daughters & see our new Great grandson (Grandson knocked up his girlfriend!) My body is adapted to the Florida weather & I can't take the cold anymore! I froze my ass off in weather that I used to hunt in (No Problem) & all I used to talk about was moving back because I knew so many people with hidden bike parts! Change Of Plans! Irish

wheelbender6 02-23-2020 10:39 AM

It's time to become a snowbird, Irish.