ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   125cc - 249cc (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   having the worst time ever with vitacci scooter! (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=55166)

rrhuehn 08-17-2015 05:37 AM

having the worst time ever with vitacci scooter!

Hello, I have a vitacci 150cc scooter made june 2012, 160 miles on it. Started shutting off randomly figured carb might be dirty. Cleaned it twice, both times soaking it in cleaner, then running through uiltrasound machine. First time it fired up ran fine for 5 minutes, died and would not restart couldn't even get a pop out of it. Figured carb plugged again, maybe the cheap fuel lines coming apart, changed lines and filter, also vaccum lines, can see gas puimping to carb, bowl fills up when I open drain it's full, after second cleaning still can't get a pop. So I order a CDI box after determining it's a DC fired box, now I can get a sligh pop now and then. Got all kinda of spark nice blue spark, plug seems a bit dry even though bowl is full and I also set the valves. What gives on this thing!

Engine is a BN157QMJ with 12.5 inch tires.

Did I possible get the wrong cdi box?

numbers on original CDI is
XDZ
ZN150T-7-04

Box I replaced it with is
ZTXF 1505

Is that my problem? I thought DC boxes were all the same but maybe I am wrong. Also how can I have a dry plug, clean carb with fuel in the bowl? Valves are set, it's getting fuel, when I disconnect fuel line it's pumping gas out when I turn it over plus I used clear fuel line I can see it pumping into the carb and bowl is full. I am just at a loss and ready to light this thing on fire.

rks 08-17-2015 07:14 AM

From what you've said, your carb is getting fuel, but if your plug is dry, fuel is not getting into the combustion chamber, and throwing electrical parts at it, will do no good. I know you've cleaned the carb twice, but did you verify that your jets and passageways were clear, by spraying them out with compressed air, WD40, or something similar? When sprayed into pilot jet, something should come out of tiny hole in the carb's throat, in front of butterfly.

rrhuehn 08-17-2015 07:23 AM

yes I did blow air through after soaking it and after the ultra sound machine but I will pull it and check again.

kz1000st 08-17-2015 09:34 AM

Have you ever adjusted the valves? That might have been your original problem.

rrhuehn 08-17-2015 10:05 AM

Yes I did valves are in spec

kz1000st 08-17-2015 10:28 AM

Sorry, missed it.

scosgt 08-17-2015 02:47 PM

You need to check the compression.

rrhuehn 08-17-2015 03:39 PM

Was going to check compression but you can't even get a hose screwed in it's a terrible design about all you can do to get the plug in and out. It ran perfect before for 5 min or so I didn't think compression could be an issue. The killing was intermittent before now it won't start at all. It was over full on oil when it came in so maybe it is compression I will have to fight with it and see if I can somehow get the gauge screwed in.

rrhuehn 08-17-2015 06:53 PM

165# compression. I am thinking about just putting on a new carb, I can't figure out for the life of me what else it could be! I have a small engine shop, clean tons of carbs and other then some small weedwackers I have never had a carb I couldn't get clean or rebuild but this scooter is just insane.

kz1000st 08-17-2015 08:38 PM

How about starter fluid and see if it lights off for a few seconds.

rrhuehn 08-17-2015 09:31 PM

I usually stay away from starting fluid but maybe I'll give it a squirt and see what happens.

Gene563 09-01-2015 12:39 PM

Well, what was the outcome?
I read through this whole thread, now I'm hangin'. :D
I hope everything worked out well.