ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   Scooter Safety Forum (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   mean drivers (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=53164)

raygun04 04-05-2013 09:43 PM

mean drivers

So I was 2 blocks away from home a few minutes ago and I guess I wasnt going fast enough for the car behind me (I WAS doing the speed limit i might add) and they kept flickering on there brights like RIGHT behind me >.< ...then who ever this person is zooommms past me as im turning into my drive way....what jerk...sorry for ranting/complaining or w.e but I thought I was gonna crash cause I could not see nothing but bright light coming from behind me and coming off my mirrors o.O;;;

Admin 04-05-2013 10:36 PM

Yep, people are nuts. I just had a woman today run a stop sign and almost T-bone me. Never even slowed down for the stop sign, just right through it, locking up the brakes inches from me at the last second.

I really dont know how these people get their licenses. >:(

50cc 04-06-2013 05:30 AM

Put a helmet camera, record all your trips and send such cases to the local traffic police dept.

skuttadawg 04-09-2013 11:24 AM

I have had ( censored ) yell at me am I am speeding instead of creeping up a hill with a parade of cars behind me . I have had several break their necks to pass me at highway speeds . I guess peebrains can not handle a moped outrunning them LOL . I love the play " You aint passing me " and I speed up to see how fast they really want to go .

Best advice I can tell you is to keep your distance from cars , ride in defense mode like everyone is a drunkard . If you have a slow scooter yield and wave for cagers to ride on so they will not be a threat or mess up one fun . If you have a fast scooter like me I jack rabbit at green lights in order to put distance between me and cars instead of being among them

4getful2 04-09-2013 07:27 PM

Helmet cam. is a good idea

raygun04 04-11-2013 12:05 PM

I never thought of a helmet cam...good idea....also when I do take off like that trying to get away from the cars usually the car next to me will take it upon themselves to push the pedal to the metal and zoom past me but at least it doesnt happen every time I guess lol

inuyasha 04-11-2013 12:12 PM

Hi
Try the S E E system
Search, Evaluate, Execute
http://msf-usa.org/Downloads/Prepari...esentation.pdf
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

erictheviking666 04-15-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raygun04 (Post 519729)
So I was 2 blocks away from home a few minutes ago and I guess I wasnt going fast enough for the car behind me (I WAS doing the speed limit i might add) and they kept flickering on there brights like RIGHT behind me >.< ...then who ever this person is zooommms past me as im turning into my drive way....what jerk...sorry for ranting/complaining or w.e but I thought I was gonna crash cause I could not see nothing but bright light coming from behind me and coming off my mirrors o.O;;;

Haha, I would have slowed down to 15mph and eased down street a little further with him trapped behind me! Just to watch the steam come out their ears, Lol.

Domindart 04-16-2013 04:49 AM

I be ridin' along earlier yesterday and did some filtering at a stop light. Sure enough, just as I thought would happen if I decided to filter, a disgruntled lady in her SUV was cursing at me (or some jibberish w her window half down,) as she passed by..

ugh:taunt:

raygun04 04-16-2013 07:50 PM

lol @eric ive actually done that once before at the stop light because the exact second the light turned green the guy behind me immediatly started honking o.O;;;...thanks hank for the link I think thats made me more perceptive of things now when im riding now

inuyasha 04-16-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raygun04 (Post 519998)
lol @eric ive actually done that once before at the stop light because the exact second the light turned green the guy behind me immediatly started honking o.O;;;...thanks hank for the link I think thats made me more perceptive of things now when im riding now

Hi
Your most welcome
Have you tried out the MSF rider perception tests yet?
http://www.msf-usa.org/riderperception/
Take care and ride safely my friend
Yours Hank

epyon96r 04-21-2013 12:16 AM

I live in the houston area and man is it rough, I've only had one close call on scooter, but people want to cut my truck off like they have a death wish. I locked up my brakes 2 weeks ago cuz some lady likeinuyasha said, use the see technique. Helps

Firehawk989 04-22-2013 06:39 PM

I once had a lady in a BMW SUV use the BIKE LANE to pass me ON THE RIGHT going up a hill! :wtf: :doh:

spandi 04-23-2013 09:22 AM

I saw a CRAZY driver outside of "Balmer" Maryland gun through the space BETWEEN two cars doing 70 mph on the interstate! (Talk about nuts?!!!):nuts::ugh:

Castle_Rock 11-06-2013 09:51 AM

I just bought a "eyecord" brand sunglasses with camera that records in 720P - have yet to try it but it runs for hour and a half which is more than what I drive on a daily basis. Might be good insurance, but my bike is more than capable of keeping up with traffic.