ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Pittsfield NH Scooter Owner Forum Newbie (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=55934)

msiger919 02-03-2018 08:02 PM

Pittsfield NH Scooter Owner Forum Newbie

Been tinkering with 2 stroke mopeds for quite a while. Switching to scooters as of late. Owned dozens of Japanese scoots, one piaggio and a few chinese scoots as well. My scooter knowledge does not rival my moped knowledge. Hope some of you good people can help me out!

wheelbender6 02-04-2018 01:48 PM

Welcome to the forum. Classic mopeds are getting harder to find.

Irish 02-04-2018 03:07 PM

I lived in Ports for 6yrs , Barrington for 38yrs & altho I live in Fla now . I still have two daughters that still live in NH (Milton & Rollinsford) Don't ever leave NH! The only reason that I'm here is because my wife wanted to move. I regret it every day.:tdown: Irish:scoot::nuts:

P.S. In NH , you could cruise thru the mts. & enjoy the sceanery(sp?) In Fla , you don't dare to take your eyes off of the road for that long. Some Blue Hair is liable to run you over. I've been busted up enough times racing , to get busted up because some Blue Hair has their head up their a**! Besides you heal a lot slower when you're in your '70s.

sc00ter 02-04-2018 04:15 PM

Welcome! I have done mopeds, PUCH E series 1 speed and Minarelli V series and moved onto Yamaha Zuma 2 strokes. Have a bone stock 98 Zuma that I love as is, no urge to do anything to it. 38mph max of pure joy! Also have a horizontal Minarelli Zuma motor thats built to the hilt, but to lazy to do anything with it. Had a Adly RT50 but never rode it so it got donated to a thrift store. Ergonomics were terrible.

Irish 02-06-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00ter (Post 536516)
Welcome! I have done mopeds, PUCH E series 1 speed and Minarelli V series and moved onto Yamaha Zuma 2 strokes. Have a bone stock 98 Zuma that I love as is, no urge to do anything to it. 38mph max of pure joy! Also have a horizontal Minarelli Zuma motor thats built to the hilt, but to lazy to do anything with it. Had a Adly RT50 but never rode it so it got donated to a thrift store. Ergonomics were terrible.

When I was in the service , I went to Bermuda on a search mission. I rented a moped there. I ended up getting three before I got one with a front end close to straight (rentals!) It was the only moped that I ever rode. It was so long ago that I don't even remember what brand I ended up with. This was about 1963 Irish :scoot: :nuts:

wheelbender6 02-06-2018 06:40 PM

"The only reason that I'm here is because my wife wanted to move." - Irish

I'm afraid I have been down that road, too.

Irish 02-09-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 536525)
"The only reason that I'm here is because my wife wanted to move." - Irish

I'm afraid I have been down that road, too.

I've been married for over 52yrs. I'm a recovering Alcoholic & used to do all kinds of crazy s**t! Now that I've pretty much straightened out , I figured that I should do things her way for a change. I thought that I owed her & my kids that much! It's nice to have the phone ring at night & not wonder what police dept or hospital it is!:shrug::s Irish:scoot::nuts: