ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   Scooters (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Kymco Super8 150 (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52882)

dudley 02-24-2013 09:51 AM

Kymco Super8 150

Good scooter for first timers.
Excellent price for a big wheeled 150.
With kymco quality it can be recommended to non-wrenchers.
Oil and gear oil are simple.
Valve adjustments take 25 minutes, and after the second one, dont stray.
Underseat storage is moderate, front bag hook and flat floor very useful.
Top speed is around 57 (64 indicated)
Feels happy cruising at about 52 (58 indicated)
Seat is on the hard side but allows for such a wide range of seating positions that long rides are possible without discomfort or feeling awkward.
Garish decals easily removed.
Gas mileage in the high 60s at 50+ mph.

2 years and 5750 trouble free miles. then the cam chain broke and i sold the bike.
i do not consider this a quality issue, just one of those things.
Kymco service was 55 miles away and other repair shops considered it to be "a crappy chinese bike" and wouldnt work on it!
replaced it with something i could get serviced close to home.

amac1680 02-24-2013 12:11 PM

Thanks for the info !

I recently have been riding a kymco and the quality is pretty rock solid . Happy to hear you like your ride.

Be Big,
AMAC

Admin 02-25-2013 04:24 PM

Very good review, thank you for sharing it! :tup:

Barrnone 03-22-2014 01:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fair review ; the only problems I had with mine , was caused by myself , modifying it, lol. Having said that , I have finally ironed out all the kinks , and the performance gains was worth all the headache! I personally think its a beautiful scoot from day one , but , with a few cosmetic changes so far , and a few more bouncing around my head , I think it will look even better! It's good value for the money , and if you are able to leave it "factory" , I think you can have many years of relatively trouble free riding.

inuyasha 03-22-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrnone (Post 526108)
Fair review ; the only problems I had with mine , was caused by myself , modifying it, lol. Having said that , I have finally ironed out all the kinks , and the performance gains was worth all the headache! I personally think its a beautiful scoot from day one , but , with a few cosmetic changes so far , and a few more bouncing around my head , I think it will look even better! It's good value for the money , and if you are able to leave it "factory" , I think you can have many years of relatively trouble free riding.

Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
Very nice shes a beautiful scoot
May she bring you much joy in the years to come
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Barrnone 03-22-2014 02:19 PM

Thanks so much Hank , you have a awesome scoot too!

glitchy 03-24-2014 08:20 AM

stock 150

2 Attachment(s)
This is my stock 150 and only problems was gas tank not venting properly when new. The scooter would keep stalling and the dealer had it twice for the same problem back in 2008. I pre ordered it and got one of the first ones. I was not sure of a Chinese built scooter even though kymco is a Taiwan company building the super 8 in china. I had a Japanese 50cc scooter for 6 years at the time and was not sure how it would compare, but it made my 50 feel like a toy and it should with 3 times bigger engine. The quality on both the scooters is great. It wil go about 59 mph on gps on flat ground and can hit 60 with tailwind or slight downhill. I use to ride the highway a lot when I lived in Orlando but only in heavy traffic and no north east head wind. In light traffic people are going too fast.