ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   General Scooter Discussion (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Battery Removal Looks Impossible (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=56433)

kram6319 02-27-2020 12:00 AM

Battery Removal Looks Impossible

1 Attachment(s)
I bought a 2020 BD50QT-2A 49CC - scooter made by Jiangsu Baodiao

I already replaced the motor oil and gear oil. I looked today at the cheapie Chinese no-name battery though new, that is in my scooter. I will soon most likely have to replace that because I know these cheapie batteries don't last long. I am stumped on how the heck to get it out of the housing. You can't just unscrew the positive and negative terminals and "lift it up" I also do not see any clamps on the sides holding it in place. It is REALLY IN THERE! I can't figure out how it comes out, and it is such a new model that there are no videos yet on this scooter.

Does anyone know how the heck to get the battery out? :doh:

wheelbender6 02-29-2020 08:50 AM

Use screw drivers on opposite sides to lever it up. If you have a kick starter, I would keep the stock battery until it expires.

kram6319 02-29-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 538418)
Use screw drivers on opposite sides to lever it up. If you have a kick starter, I would keep the stock battery until it expires.

Yes, I plan on keeping it for a few months. It is a westco battery whoever makes that one?

I am planning on a new fuel filter & change the gear & motor oil in 500 more miles. It seems like a great scooter. I don't like that some of these Chinese scooters use cheap oil & filters.

It can be kick started :thanks:

sc00ter 02-29-2020 09:28 PM

That battery mounting location is common on most brands. Personally, run the battery till it dies. Don't let the scooter sit for long periods without a battery tender. Seen some cheap batteries last a long time. Now, when it finally dies get a brand name. Your battery should last around 2 to 3 years. And practice the kick-start now so you know the exact method BEFORE its needed. I had a Genuine Buddy 125 and that kick-start required a perfect touch to fully engage. Took me about 11 kicks in freezing weather! I finally got the "touch" down and can do it in 2 kicks max.

kram6319 03-01-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc00ter (Post 538421)
That battery mounting location is common on most brands. Personally, run the battery till it dies. Don't let the scooter sit for long periods without a battery tender. Seen some cheap batteries last a long time. Now, when it finally dies get a brand name. Your battery should last around 2 to 3 years. And practice the kick-start now so you know the exact method BEFORE its needed. I had a Genuine Buddy 125 and that kick-start required a perfect touch to fully engage. Took me about 11 kicks in freezing weather! I finally got the "touch" down and can do it in 2 kicks max.

Thank you for the advice, I already kick-started the scooter, It kick starts easy. We are in Florida so aside from an occasional "cold snap" it won't experience freezing weather, I also bought a battery maintainer/charger for times that we won't use it every day.