ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Hello from East Texas. :) (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=55762)

MercyCroft 05-17-2017 03:33 PM

Hello from East Texas. :)

hello. Chandler, TX. here. I used to have a Chinese scooter years ago. Truck recently broke down, 800 minimum to repair. I am looking into financing a new 250cc Chinese scooter as alternative local transportation. I'm here for research and to share experiences and knowledge. Peace to all. :)

wheelbender6 05-17-2017 10:32 PM

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get the truck back on the road soon.

coreyman 05-18-2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MercyCroft (Post 535480)
hello. Chandler, TX. here. I used to have a Chinese scooter years ago. Truck recently broke down, 800 minimum to repair. I am looking into financing a new 250cc Chinese scooter as alternative local transportation. I'm here for research and to share experiences and knowledge. Peace to all. :)

Good choice, I'm driving around a 150cc here in East Texas and I need more power :)

MercyCroft 05-18-2017 01:22 PM

hi coreyman! :)

tell me, how fast can you go on your 150? can you also share your weight? I know that is something that makes a difference, and I'm carrying a few extra lbs myself.

also, bad news. If you are thinking of getting a bigger scooter, I am being told that new Chinese scooters 200cc and bigger will not be available in the states again for a few months at least. something about government crap, i think they said. so I'm either going to have to get a 150 scooter or a larger motorcycle that I have to shift gears on. such a distraction.

but yeah, i don't think you'll be able to upgrade to a bigger (new, Chinese) scooter any time soon. :(

wheelbender6 05-21-2017 09:49 AM

A 125-150cc normally tops out around 50 mph and will do 55 for a brief time for passing. I weigh around we 230. We ride a lot of county roads but you will need a 200-250cc scoot to safely ride FM roads, IMHO.

Irish 05-22-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MercyCroft (Post 535490)
hi coreyman! :)

tell me, how fast can you go on your 150? can you also share your weight? I know that is something that makes a difference, and I'm carrying a few extra lbs myself.

also, bad news. If you are thinking of getting a bigger scooter, I am being told that new Chinese scooters 200cc and bigger will not be available in the states again for a few months at least. something about government crap, i think they said. so I'm either going to have to get a 150 scooter or a larger motorcycle that I have to shift gears on. such a distraction.

but yeah, i don't think you'll be able to upgrade to a bigger (new, Chinese) scooter any time soon. :(

If you've been riding as long as I have , shifting gears is NO distraction! It is automatic I'm 73 & been riding since the age of 15.:tup::clap: Irish:scoot::nuts:

P.S. My only problem is that everything that I rode was right hand shift. It's a BITCH doing everything that is opposite to you! You automatically hit the shifter in an emergency stop.:tdown: