ScootDawg Forums

ScootDawg Forums (http://www.scootdawg.net/index.php)
-   The Dawg Pound (http://www.scootdawg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Is this for real? (http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52609)

millsc 01-25-2013 06:31 PM

I like the new site much better now that im used to it provides more options :cheers:

Admin 01-25-2013 06:52 PM

No worries Lefty :tup:

inuyasha 01-25-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty (Post 514241)
Well if SD was sold then I APOLOGIZE TO ALL for causeing a RUCKUS.

MIKE I specially Apologize to you "PEACE".
Lefty

Hi Lefty
Thats quite all right make all the RUCKUS'S you want just make sure from now on that they are these>D:yay::clap:
http://powersports.honda.com/2013/ruckus.aspx
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

spandi 01-25-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty (Post 514241)
Well if SD was sold then I APOLOGIZE TO ALL for causeing a RUCKUS.

MIKE I specially Apologize to you "PEACE".
Lefty

That's ok lefty, (at least you were looking out for your fellow Dawgs, so thanks.) What's the old saying? "Better to have ammunition and not need it, than to need ammunition and not have it.... and now with my paranoia in full bloom, I will drink "mass quantities" and proceed to watch Dr Strange love.

terrilee 01-25-2013 09:10 PM

OK, What happened is this.

Lee has allowed another person to transfer all the content of this forum to the other place. When they did that the forum was converted to a read only forum and the link to the other place was posted.

As you might guess PB did not like that. They have disabled the Admin account and the forum is now back open for posting.

Admin 01-25-2013 09:38 PM

First of all, no, the old forum will not be used anymore. Lee and I have an agreement, and I've dumped a lot of money into this venture to give you a better forum.

Everyone complained how the old forum was neglected, had tons of spam, etc, and I gave you all a new home. We are now on this forum, period.

medman1952 01-25-2013 11:28 PM

I am late to the party, I didn't even now about the party until after I got to work this morning and got a call from JR.

Seems the story is true, Lee allowed the admin here to transfer all the Dawg stuff to this Dawg house.

Admin 01-25-2013 11:32 PM

Glad you've made it Medman! :tup:

terrilee 01-26-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin (Post 514315)
First of all, no, the old forum will not be used anymore. Lee and I have an agreement, and I've dumped a lot of money into this venture to give you a better forum.

Everyone complained how the old forum was neglected, had tons of spam, etc, and I gave you all a new home. We are now on this forum, period.

the real only bad thing about the original site
there was ONLY one mod
who has his own site, plus a professional job
he couldnt be everywhere at once
doug even explained that lee wouldnt authorize new mods
to get rid of spam and do other mod jobs

now not sure about mike, maybe this is his only job
maybe this is all he does and can stay on top of it at all times
maybe not

THE ONE THING ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO ENJOY HELPING OTHERS SHOULD REALIZE IS..
when u goggle scootdawg, you get the original site listed 1st, this one is way down the line. so noobs will go there 1st
so if you really care about helping noobs--you should also help there

scootnwinn 01-26-2013 10:00 AM

Google will adjust quickly. If the folks on the other site really cared they would have left it the way it was a couple days ago. Hopefully Mike will name additional mods when he needs help.

Guest_2 01-26-2013 10:01 AM

Glad to see you made it to the Party Medman!!!!!!

cheapeto 01-26-2013 10:40 AM

I've been through so many forum changes since I taught myself how to use a computer in 99, so I'm a pilgram by most cyberian standards.....but this was the quickest change over I as a member ever went through.
The last site conversion (I was a member at) was down almost 2 weeks, lost all my pics, saved messages, PM's, karma points/bones.
Some have just blinked out and was gone, no notice, just gone.
I think you have done a great job folks!! Thank you.