View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #55

35W fit in a Zuma, because it's light house is cooled from the back.
Most scooters have a housing that's inside the tupperware, meaning not enough cooling.

Best alternative, get aftermarket ZUMA headlight (or similar), and install them on your scoot.
If you have a 50cc, know that the stator is not very strong. Best is to change your tail light to a LED, and gap the spark plug to 0.11" or something smaller than the stock setting of 0.25"), to save power, and whatever you have left, use that for an extra headlight.
I wouldn't go above 25W halogen bulbs in a scooter, and even then... There are scoots where 20W is really the max you can feed them. Especially those that you have, have a very tiny bulb compartment

The problem with leds is :
1- that it disperses the light too much, less focal light, more blinding people ahead of you.
and
2- that they can get very hot, and limit their lifetime, especially the 5Watt lights. LEDs don't disperse the heat very well, causing them to burn quickly if used too long.

I have a 5W tail + brake light installed on my ATM50. The tail light perhaps uses 2W, and with the brakes on, it's 5W. So I never really use it constantly. But for a headlight, you'll need to use it constantly.