View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 09:10 AM   #9

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrides1 View Post
the roller weights can be checked with a gram scale. ngk is the brand you want. They hooked you up dude. And I'm sorry for your amazon problem all I could find was a rebuild kit but it didn't say what size pilot it came with. Get a bando belt for the size engine you have they are the best. I think you need a specific size belt for the type of engine/variator you have but i could be wrong. this might help http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index...y&thread=45133
I currently don't have a gram scale, so I'll have to add one of those to my current amazon cart, haha. I'm glad I was correct in thinking my spark plug was proper - on my honda zook I didn't know you're not supposed to gap them and I ruined two spark plugs, but the one in my peace sports scooter is ungapped and seems to run flawlessly.

It would appear that I need to toy with the variator a bit more and replace some stuff before I get a longer belt, oh well. I'm currently using a Gates Powerlink and it seems to be holding up nicely.

Thanks for all your help, Andrew!

Now I'm going to start a new thread regarding tires because of an incident yesterday...