View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lykos23 View Post
This is an update from this post:
http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread....440#post520440

So, most of my last order came through, most importantly my gram scale. So far I've installed the performance ignition coil and I'm still waiting on the clutch springs. I went to solder the wire to my right front light and noticed that the wire was completely fine and it was just the bulb that blew, haha - oh well, now I've got a new soldering iron!

When I weighed my variator weights they all weighed about 6.50-6.53 grams. Problem is there is no writing on them, and I can't figure out what measurement they are (I now find myself with no metric measuring tape, argh!). So, here are my questions:

Will any GY6 rollers on amazon fit? Or do I have to find some way to measure my current rollers?

Do I want sliders, or roller?

What's with people mixing up their weights? I see a lot of people installing different combinations of weights, should I be doing that?

I want a higher top speed, because currently my top flat terrain speed is about 40mph and I need 45mph to go to the bank. How much heavier of weights should I get? I weigh 250lbs, is 45mph even achievable on a 63cc? I know I can go 50mph downhill, and up to 35 uphill.

I got 2,000rpm clutch springs, will the theoretical faster acceleration from these compensate for the slower acceleration of heavier roller weights?

If I'm supposed to adjust my idle based on when the clutch engages, do I have to re-adjust my idle when I install 2,000 rpm springs?

If my setup isn't perfect will it be tolerable? I don't quite have the money to be out spending loads of money on variator weights or a variator weight tuning kit, so if I end up getting too heavy or too light of weights and too stiff of clutch springs, will my scooter still be rideable? I mostly need it to go 35mph, quickly, is there anything I should avoid that will hinder that?

I just got my high performance ignition coil, but I still don't know much about them. How much theoretical performance gain should I get from installing it? (It's all rainy outside so I haven't ridden to test it yet).

If you have any recommendations for products please go to Amazon.com or Newegg for links because I only have credit for these two sites and am currently strapped for cash.

In a few months I plan on buying these things:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2VPA2J7YDDYST
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2VPA2J7YDDYST

But for right now I'm on a low budget to buy all the performance parts I can because I'm fed up with how cars honk and pass me on the street because I can't accelerate from a stoplight fast enough.
your weights happen to be 6.5 gram weights if you want to go faster typically you go heavier. I would try 8 or 9 so you wont lose too much pick up. I would go with the sliders they perform better than the rollers and are worth the extra doe. people mix weights to acheive the perfect way they want their bike to perform. you dont have to readjust your idle for springs, the springs wont change your idle just when your clutch engages. you will notice more speed when you get your cdi. oh and i wouldnt buy a clutch they dont really do that much for speed if anything at all. the variator will help more with that. other then that you should be able to hit your speed mark when your done. 40 mph. you really want more speed get a bbk better carb, perf exhaust and big valve head. 50 mph. I personally gave up on 4 strokes for the moment because its not worth the money you dump in to it for little gain in performance. I have a 50cc 2t now. when im done with it it will probably smoke any 150 gy6 out there
My advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out.
''Timothy Leary''

Login or Register to Remove Ads