Old 05-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Hi
All 139 qmb,s use 16 x13 roller weights so that the size you want
Sliders last longer and give a better acceleration cuve and higher topend imho
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Thank you so much Hank! I was really unsure and pretty confused over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrides1 View Post
your weights happen to be 6.5 gram weights if you want to go faster typically you go heavier. I would try 8 or 9 so you wont lose too much pick up. I would go with the sliders they perform better than the rollers and are worth the extra doe. people mix weights to acheive the perfect way they want their bike to perform. you dont have to readjust your idle for springs, the springs wont change your idle just when your clutch engages. you will notice more speed when you get your cdi. oh and i wouldnt buy a clutch they dont really do that much for speed if anything at all. the variator will help more with that. other then that you should be able to hit your speed mark when your done. 40 mph. you really want more speed get a bbk better carb, perf exhaust and big valve head. 50 mph
Thanks again for all your helpful advice, Andrew!

I'll be buying some 9g sliders, I'm completely unfamiliar with how all this stuff works so I'll wait to buy a tuning kit to mix and match.

I was really unsure about the idle thing because I tune my idle to when my tire starts moving, which I thought was when the clutch engages. But what you say makes sense.

I can't wait to get that CDI, unfortunately it shipped from China, so it will be another two weeks.

I will definitely skip getting a new clutch then. I've seen a lot of people install them in youtube videos, but I've never heard about what they do to perform better. If all clutches work on the same basic functionality then it would only make sense that my stock clutch should perform as good as a performance one... I'll take the money from that and invest in a good performance exhaust. Is this one good enough http://www.amazon.com/50cc-Scooter-P...sim_sbs_misc_1 ? Or are there better ones on Amazon?

Everyone keeps reccomending a big bore kit, so I guess I'll submit and buy one. Probably this one: http://www.amazon.com/Quad-Moped-Sco...g+bore+kit+gy6 unless I find a better one within a month or two.

Thanks again!