View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #7

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Today I got my sliders and chinese CDI, surprisingly fast delivery on both ends. I ordered the Dr. Pulley 9g slider weights. I haven't noticed a higher topend yet, but that is due to slow takeoff. While the takeoff is slow, the acceleration is incredibly smooth - it's like I'm riding a different bike. I don't know any other word to describe it other than "smooth". I reach 35 faster, after a slow takeoff, but I'm hoping that will be solved with the clutch springs I ordered, as they already came in the mail.

Because I can't seem to get my clutch bell off without a special tool, I caved in and ordered it after multiple attempts at holding the clutch in place without it. It's in Louisville Kentucky right now. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is what I ordered, I'm hoping it does the job as advertised. I'm sure once I install my clutch springs, the faster acceleration at takeoff will finally make me able to reach closer to my top speed within the time it takes between stop signs or street lights. Once I get my BBK I'll probably get some 1500rpm springs so I'm not needlessly revving the engine just to go too fast. The fancy 2000rpm springs I got from Japan seem nice, can't wait to install them.

Quote:
Hi
This should help
http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index...y&thread=21571
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank
Thanks, Hank that does indeed help quite a bit. The chart indicates that I should be able to go around 39-40mph, but with some optimism and a little work I'm hopin' I can get to 45 without the bbk. I'm still getting the bbk, but that's just a bonus upgrade for me.

Quote:
that pipe looks clean and i recomend you get it. but dont give in to peer preasure if you really dont need a bbk and are happy with 40 mph, when your done, thats cool. if you like modding and just love and want to make your bike better get it. lol.
I love scootering, and I like working on the scooter, and given how much I have to ride it, I think it's in my best interest to get a bbk especially for the long run. If I can go fast enough to go on the main roads then I can even reach the DMV to get my motorcycle license!