View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #19

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc View Post
perhaps the vario spit the v-glider out since they're not pushed evenly against the plate while decelerating. i'd run it with three rollers for a week, but not with only three sliders since they tend to flip if you run only half of them. and anyway, engineers know better, so i'd wait for the 6 x 4g
The V-slide missing is 100% due to my clumsiness. Long ago I removed my variator for the first time and I put it back on. Just the other day I found a small plastic thing on the floor and threw it away because I couldn't identify it. Just about two days ago I noticed that the v-slide has been missing all along.

So far there has been no damage from missing a v-slide or from using only 3 sliders, but it's only a matter of time because the fact is both factors increase the rate in which the parts wear out. Every time I take a ride now I've been checking my variator just to make sure nothing has gone wrong with my little experiment and so far so good.

I wish I could wait, but I just can't. My scooter is my only vehicle and I have to drive it even if it kills me or the cycle. That is why I'm willing to risk a variator or belt just to maintain traffic speeds. My only other option is to ride my Honda Zook, and that thing isn't street legal...