View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #4

Always let a 2T warm up for at least 30 seconds prior to riding and up to a few minutes when its winter time . When new try to avoid long idles , as it will not help the break in and also avoid running at the same RPMs for a long duration as well no redlining . I bought a 2T scooter as was excited as it had been 20 years since I had a 2T and I hated the 4T 50 I used to have . I started off going around the block and secondary streets , but wound up riding all the way to another county as I did not wan tto stop riding it . Focus on getting up to midrange and go up and down with the throttle to change the RPMs and be easy going downhill . When new the piston is tight and after 500 miles or more you should be able to tell it will run with less friction and perform better .

A 2T runs a higher RPMs than a 4T . I can not recall what RPMs mine engaged when it was stock , but I now have a BBK and 1.5k clutch springs that engage at 1,500 more RPMs than the stock springs in order to have more take off power