View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #8

Okay guys, Sorry for taking so long I've had a busy few weeks. I'm going to start by sharing this. My bike was running low on gas, and i hit a steep hill. the gas level wasn't high enough to feed any into the engine, and i ran it dry because I didn't know that's what was going on.. It hasn't started since. BUT here's a list of things I've done to it since then, trying to get it to start:
Check compression by hand, felt decent
Checked spark, got spark although it looked weak
Cleaned carb
Checked fuel pump, seemed to be in working order

Below is a list of swaps/mods made
total engine rebuild, took it to 50mm with 64mm valves in the new head(after ran dry)
new carb, came with electric choke, #90 main jet
new(er) CDI, 'performance' blue box for 150cc, with a spare 50cc blue box
'Performance' clutch with 2K springs and 'performance' variator
'Performance' coil
'Performance' camshaft (Taiwanese)
swapped air box for uni filter(after ran dry)
Replaced starter clutch

Bike is still not working =/ Additional notes would be; mechanic didn't have feeler gauges for .003-.005 so he used the smallest he had and felt his way down. He says its an issue with the vacuum in the fuel line, but the line from the manifold wasn't connected. Once connected, the pump seemed to work fine. The spark plug seemed to have an excess of buildup, but when it was installed, I was having to start on a pretty high idle. Engine starting fluid hasnt worked, in the carb or on the plug........ Clutch cover broke, so i cant use the kick starter.

Last edited by Noismute; 03-18-2014 at 08:15 PM.