View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 05:52 AM   #5

I bought my scooter from the folks below.

http://www.dallaspowersport.com/150c...-Approved.html

They flat out tell you that yes the engine has a one year warranty, but even if the repair is covered under warranty there will be a $50 labor fee. I read up and I am mechanically inclined anyway so I pulled the trigger and got the 150CC TaoTao EVO ATM. Basically they charged me $799 plus tax title, license and make ready . Out the door price was just shy of 1100. If you buy 'mail order' I think you can expect to pay over $200 in shipping fees to get to your door and then you will have to do the make ready yourself. I have already put over 2300 Kilometers on my bike in a little over a month. Have had one cheap plastic ring fall off the ignition lock and just had a hairline crack in the muffler pipe, near the head. The local muffler shop arc welded that closed for free, took them all of one minute. My advice is what ever bike you choose do some youtube searches on that model and you may find a wealth of knowledge on things you should know as an owner. I recommend that you get a tube of lock-tite and put that on any bolt that is in the exhaust line. Then before every ride look carefully for anything that might have loosed up. If you find something, get it tightened up before the bolt falls out completely and you end up having to spend money and time at home depot looking for just the right size and length metric bolt/screw.

One last bit of advice. When you get on a scooter or motorcycle just assume that no one in the world can see you except yourself. With that in mind you would be surprised how many bad riding situations you can avoid by just staying out of harms way to the fullest extent possible.

Login or Register to Remove Ads