View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #5

Also, be not frustrated or stressed. Remind yourself that these are inexpensive scoots, & expect malfunctioning & unreliability. Expect poor support from the seller.

The eBay seller I bought my scoot from was out of business within a year of my purchasing it. I've had the scoot since 2008. I've kept records. It malfunctions after an average of 341 miles, requiring diagnosis, parts, & of course, my intervention & labor.

Diagnosing has sometimes taken me months, because I knew nothing about this scoot when I bought it, & because winter comes early here in upstate New York. The redeeming feature of these scoots is their simplicity. Effecting the repair usually takes minutes or hours.

Diagnosis, for me, remains the biggest hurdle. And I thank the forums' people, who know more than I do, & who have educated me by suggesting what might be wrong, where to acquire parts, & then how to effect the repair with all their tips & tricks. Clearly, without them, owning one of these scoots would not be viable for me.

Yes, I read posts where folks have had reliable vehicles. But I tend to believe that the vast majority of us Chinese scooter owners, experience more trouble than not.

I've read people saying that quality is improving over the years. I can't speak about the new scoots, as I haven't bought one since 2008. I have been buying replacement parts on a regular basis, since 2008, & it is not my experience that the parts' quality is improving since 2008.

In summary, expect these scoots to demand your frequent attention, & then you shan't be surprised or stressed when it malfunctions the next time.

Login or Register to Remove Ads