View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #8

Thanks for your response if i could follow up on my last question. The reason i am working on the electrical part of this scooter (jcl with linhai 257 engine) is I melted the plastic connectors from the stator some have said it was do to me using a fiat auto to jump start the scooter. So i cut the plastic connectors out and spliced the wires with tubular connectors. That seemed to be ok when i tested the charging of the battery i was getting between 13 to 13.50 volts. But when i started it up the ground wire from the rectifier got so hot that running more would have melted the wire. So advise told me to try a new rectifier but that did not work. Then got more advice to install larger gage ground from rectifier directly to battery but did not work. Infact that made the yellow wires from the stator get warm. Then noticed that the main ground was not hooked to anything other then a small gage wire coming of the main was the only thing grounded. The thing that concernes me is that before the melting of the stator wires everything worked great and actually everything works now accept the wires getting hot. Sorry to be so long winded but boy is this frustraing