View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz1000st View Post
Get metal shim or a feeler gauge material, wrap it around the outside of the bearing and press it in. Coat the outside of the shim with loctite first to lock it in place. It's very odd that the bearing would lock and spin. Usually the balls prevent that from happening. I had a Honda Big Ruckus break a bearing cage in the transmission. It simply started flopping around and making noise. Especially odd since CF Moto installs Japanese bearings and they're usually top notch.
I would not call that a quality way to fix it or would want to adventure very far from my home like that? He has it torn down. He was thinking he could take it to a machine shop and have it properly fixed but after inspecting it he discovered the case was cracked and what led to the bearing failure. Also he mentioned after getting through all the anger of this happening that the bearings were cheap Chinese bearings and not Japanese as you stated.

He's looking at a used Reflex now and hoping at best to part out what he's now calling junk. He is really mad. Do you need a good parts scooter? He might give it away?