View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #4

I did, as you suggested in my 1st question about this vacuum issue. I pulled the gas tank and checked for water contamination in the fuel. The tank and fuel were fine and I only found a little rust in the tanks bottom. I used a hand full of large nuts and rattled them inside the tank to remove some of the rust. At any rate I re-cleaned the tank and fuel lines even though there was no water in the fuel system.

I live on the Atlantic coast and I know all about the ethanol and it being hydroscopic, absorbing moisture, from all the problems we boaters are having with ethanol gasoline. Most locals use straight gas in their gasoline motors, especially boats with inboard tanks. Most all of the salt water marinas sell non ethanol gasoline. It is a big problem especially if you own a 50' gasoline powered boat with inboard tanks. Its a job to remove an inboard fuel tank from a boat's hull especially if you have a cabin or even a center console to contend with. The removal the boats structure to gain access to the inboard fuel tank is often to costly to be worth doing.