View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 06:21 AM   #10

From my experience and testing, stock engines have carb jetting that is pretty darn close. Many times it just needs cleaned thoroughly. In stock air boxes, there is an air flow restriction, when you remove that the scoot needs more fuel. I have had to rejet a carb only with a corresponding increase in engine size, but no other reason.

I do not buy, recommend or sell so called "performance CDI or coils" as testing shows they accomplish nothing. A stock CDI and coil can fire the plug properly with a gap that is as large as 0.050".

As to where to buy parts; here on the forum you have John Dikov of valley scooter parts, he has decent parts and inventory. I also buy some parts from another tuner that posts on CL in Atlanta as he has good parts, decent pricing and offers "kits" for custom such as tuning a CVT.

Some people swear by scrappy dog scooters, but my experience with them is far less than acceptable so I neither use them or recommend them. Also I have caught them in lies too many times, so trust is not there.