Thread: Scooter Trips
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #4

1375 miles from York PA to Hickory NC last year, Wednesday to Sunday.
This year, York to Greenville NC, did the whole way down in a 12 hour ride, about 375 miles, with making a few wrong turns here and there. Cheap GPS's suck!
I've always wanted to ride down RT15, down through Maryland farmland, into Virginia farmland, and through the Roanoke Rapids area, is just beautiful riding.
You had wonderful stretches of road that was very open, very lite traffic.
I did pay a price for bad tool planning. I broke a belt, about 3 hours from home on the way back, and broke my variator face plate getting it off along the road.
Had to have my wife bring my PU and ramps, to rescue the BR and me.
BUT, I just got a sweet deal, on a 3/8th's drive Dewalt Impact, with 2-20 amp batteries, for $60.00 and I'll NEVER leave home without it again.
I'm doing the Smoky Mountain Crawl next year, and CON where ever it's going to be.
I'm also going to do a few more fund raisers rides for the Pediatric Brain Tumor awareness folks.

[i know its not a all in one shot but on my last scooter i used to do over 500 a week on a little 50cc scooter]
A guy at CON this year, rode from Savanna Georgia up to Greenville NC on his 50 cc Ruckus this year. He just flat out flies on that thing! I believe he said it was 400 miles or so one way.