View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 08:18 AM   #3

Thanks KZ.
I tried reading across the battery terminals with bike running and no battery and only read about 6vdc. A reply from another forum told me I couldn't with a digital voltmeter, but possibly with an analog unit, which I haven't tried yet.

I don't appear to have charging voltage on my scoot. After a fair amount of riding and starting, the battery seems to die out. I did some Youtube research and checked the stator, R/R, and wiring connections. At first I thought I solved the issue by re-seating the stator output connector; that corrected the AC levels hitting the R/R, but still only have 12.8VDC out at ~5, 6K RPM. I replaced the R/R and charged the battery before firing it up and had no improvement.
I just received the puller I ordered and will pull the stator to bench check it.
I also bought a digital voltmeter that I mounted on the dash. I connected it to the output side of the ignition switch (as opposed to the battery terminals) so it only works when the ignition is on. Last night I took a ride; it was only registering 12.4 VDC at it's best, and would drop to 11.9 when I hit the brakes.

Login or Register to Remove Ads