View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #1

Help.......please

I bought a 2012 MotoBravo GTX 150cc with a GY6 motor from a lady who said it needed a new coil. Well long story short is that this lady flat out lied to me! Almost every vacuum hose was either missing or cut. Parts are broken and missing. Bolts are snapped off in plenty of locations. I checked for spark and plenty of good spark so the coil issues is not that problem. I then checked compression, well the needle would maybe bounce to 30lbs and drop when I stopped cranking. I pulled the motor and tore the top half apart. Basically looked beaten, and the oil was like sludge. Probably never changed the oil. I bought a rebuild kit for it. Came with new keg, piston, rings, gaskets, the usual. Cranked it over and the needle on the compression tester didn't even budge. Pulled it apart and held the head to a halogen lamp and can see light through the seated intake valve. That's probably why I have no compression. Tried different combinations of old parts with the new parts and can only get the needle to bounce around 30lbs when I'm cranking it then it drops. I don't have the carb or exhaust hooked up when I'm testing compression........don't know if that could be a problem or not. I want to try what I can before I toss it in the garbage

Login or Register to Remove Ads