View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #1

Exclamation My "new" 2013 Tao Tao (Carb I.D. HELP!)

What's up guys and gals? I've been a long time member here, but I had to re-signup due to the "new" site that was made back in 2013! So yes, it's been a while since I've had a Chinese Scoot. My last one was a 2009 Honda Metropolitan, that I found in a TRASH PILE?! I had it running that night and started buying all the missing plastics. I eventually got it all together and stretched it, among A LOT of other mods on that CHF50... I could EASILY keep up with 55MPH traffic, without a BBK! I should have kept it, but I had a guy that traded me a FULLY built 1984 C4 Corvette for it... yes you heard that right! I then traded the Vette for a 1988 Harley Soft Tail Custom. I eventually sold that for $6000, so the flip was AWESOME! Haha!

Anywho... it's been a while since messing with these Chinese GY6's. I have a question about my Carb. I just purchased a 2013 Tao Tao with quite a few mods, including a 50mm (what they call a 100cc) BBK, better/bigger Carb, Hotter Coil, Intake Filter and P&P'd head. That's all I know as of right now, that and that it FLIES!!! Haha...

I'm pretty sure there is some work inside of the CVT case too, as this thing GETS UP quick and STAYS UP... I'm pretty sure it would keep up with my old Metro (IF I put an upgraded/performance CDI on it!). So, onto the question....

I am going to post some pics of my Carb. If anyone that can help me figure out what BRAND/SIZE of this puppy, would be GREAT! I haven't taken it off of the "intake mani" and measured yet, but when I measure the intake filter side (with a Digital Caliper), the outside reads about 38mm. I believe this is the same size as the 150cc GY6's, but it's DEFINITELY not a stock one. As I have a Znen 150 just sitting here as well! FULL "longcase" 150cc GY6 motor, that runs well. It's just a frame, motor and wheels. Everything is there, except most of the plastics. The carb I have on the Tao Tao doesn't LOOK like the stocker on the 150cc. I'm not sure what size Jets are in this Carb either... I plan to strip it down and go over everything (including looking at the Spark Plug and seeing how rich/lean it's running).

Couldn't find ANY writing on the carb, but it's kinda hard to see (looks BRAND NEW tho!)... HELP PLEASE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG3768.jpg (93.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3764.jpg (90.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3769.jpg (94.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG3771.jpg (95.2 KB, 10 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads