View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #12

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post
The carb probably does not need a main jet change. You cannot accurately decide if it is rich or lean based on smell, you must do a "plug chop" which means run the engine for 20 miles or so and then with the engine off, check the color of the resistor of the spark plug. It should appear coffee colored. If it is grey or white, or has ashes it is lean. If it is black or very dark brown, or has sludge, it is rich.

Do not run your bike inside your garage, even with the doors open! That is at the very least severely intoxicating and highly potentially fatal!
No upjet for a 50cc Carb, running a high flow Uni Filter and open exhaust?! Com'n maaan! Lol! Oh, and I've ran race motors in that there garage!!! I have several duct fans pulling out ANY fumes (I'm a welder, remember?!) Lol... I know how to do a plug chop, but I'm waiting on the RPM Gauge, the Roller Tuning Kit and the MAIN jet Tuning Kit! I will report back, after I figure this all out (one change at a time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy5000 View Post
I'd put the cdi pick up back where it's supposed to be, that's a bad way to mess with timing, HEI is not a distributor. If you want a different timing curve, use an appropriate advanced curve CDI.
You need to be educated by this man here... he did SEVERAL pulls and had EVERYTHING he needed to PROVE HIS POINT! There's more than one way to $@%# a scooter! This Mod actually works JUST AS WELL as the "performance CDI(S)"! Have a look for yourself my friend...

HERE: