View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #2

Although I have a completely different scooter than you, I've had an annoying sound like that since day one. Even at the same throttle setting you describe.....no noise when cruising along, but hit a grade, and crack the throttle some....that damn rattle is back. I even removed the heat shield from the muffler, thinking that was the cause......nope, something still rattled. Turned out to be the rear disc brake design.....the way the caliper floats on the pins. Four years later it still does it, I've learned to live with it, and have noticed no ill effects because of it....brake works fine, original pads still in good shape, etc.

I know the above isn't your problem, because you have a rear drum brake.....but if all three of your scooters are doing this, I have to believe it's one of these design things, and not something about to fail, or fall off. The Chelsea is a fine looking scoot, and with all of the body trim pieces, I suppose one of them could be the cause..... you've probably checked those....and with all three scooters acting the same, I wouldn't worry too much.