View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #5

Sorry for my late reply, I don't have a garage to work in and its rained here in NH almost every day for the last month. I also work 6 days a week, and with what odd free hours I do have, I haven't been able to squeeze-in any time for my Zuma until today. Although my lawn cries out in desperation for a good mowing, the Zuma project finally won out.
I'm still not sure what a "soft seize" is, I did look in the exhaust port and didn't see any scoring on the piston. The plug was a bit whiter than the optimal tan color, denoting it's too lean, so I pulled the carb and upjetted it from #95 to #110. My kit came with jet sizes up to #120, so I can still go higher if needed, but I don't think it'll be necessary.
Got it all back together and took it for a blast.
HUGE difference.
It has great acceleration right up through the powerband, not sure what the top speed is yet, but it easily buries the stock speedometer.
I can now cruise in traffic 35-40 at less than full throttle, and still have some more punch when I goose it.
I pulled the plug when I got back and it's a bit darker than optimum, but I'm ok with that, I'm not looking for gas mileage, if I only get 50 miles to a tank I'll be happy. Also, it being a two stroke, a bit too rich is always better than too lean.
BTW, I only run 91 octane ethanol-free gas in it, same stuff I also run in the ATV and all my small engines from the snowblower to the weedwhacker. Not easy to get everywhere, but a few jugs lasts a long time.
Anyway, you were right, it wasn't a fuel petcock problem, but it was still a fuel delivery problem. Hopefully solved.

Login or Register to Remove Ads