View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
Have you done the sharpie test on the variator and clutch pulley? If not I would start there. I could be wrong but I would say you’re going to need more than 6000 rpm to get 60mph. Does your scooter have the short case or long case? If you have the 13” wheels I think the 16/37 gearing is to much. Your engine probably doesn’t produce enough power to pull those gears. Your stock carb is probably your biggest hold back if I had to guess and are you running your stock air filter and air box? If so I would at least put a uni filter on it and go with a bigger carb if you can.
I too am intrigued by my little project scooter at the moment. I done the 180cc big bore kit and added the 2.5mm stroker. I used a 28mm oko carb with a uni filter. I used 15/37 gearing and a dr pulley variator with 14gr weights. I still have a lot of tuning to do and only about 300 miles on the engine. My top speed so far on gps is 70mph and I believe it was a little over 7200 rpm. It gets up to 60 pretty quick and cruises 55-60 at about 1/4 throttle
Thanks JJT for reply:
I have not done the sharpie test. Over the week end will do it. It is a long case with 13" wheels. From what I read the 16/37 was the best option for a 150cc. I moved to the next available gear combo. This way i should have not lost alot of power and would increase speed a little.I do have a free flow cone air filter direct to carb. It is the stock pd24 carb. My next option is indeed to get a bigger carb. I would be so happy if I could just get it to 60