View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 01:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by carasdad View Post
Jiloho bena atika aya tiseemie moyat esesana aha kota <-- We only become defeated when...we stop trying to defeat something....
Which also translates as "A quitter never wins and a winner never quits".

A bad ground sounds likely, but where could it be? 2 stators are producing the same low voltage (60Vac). When I last tested it about a week ago it was putting out around 80Vac. I'll pull the stator tomorrow a give the contact areas a cleaning just to be sure, but up until this point there's been no problem with it.

So far, the CDI, Stator, Regulator, Trigger Coil, Ignition coil and Spark Plug have all been replaced with no change resulting other than getting a spark for a while after the last trigger coil replacement (That is, when a new one was put in, right now the stator and trigger coil that are installed were pulled from another bike).
The condition worsens over the course of a few seconds. The CDI's output starts at 20Vac and drops to 2.
I think we can probably eliminate the ignition components as the source of the problem.
That leaves...? The starter and ignition switches have been tested and showed that they were good. I checked the wiring harness visually and didn't notice anything wrong with it. The brake light switch? Something in the taillight? I think I might just end up replacing each part on it until it works!