View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 02:40 AM   #1

Exclamation Increasing rim diameter

I totaled my car, and I just happen to have a motorcycle license, so I financed a 150cc scooter. As I’m sure a lot of you know, there’s a huge bicycle/scooter drought going on, so I had limited selection. I ended up paying $800 more than I was expecting (but what can you do, I guess ����♂️)

This scooter is a little underpowered but the torque/rpm equation (8.8/6000rpm) brings me to 7.92HP instead of the 6.3hp that it’s rated for, and the HP @7,500rpm does not match the math either. It shows even higher. I’m not sure why a vendor would do that, but whatever It’s not a huge deal, but I’m still bothered that I spent a whole 50cc scooter on something that is rated under what I wanted.

The scooter that I ordered is the Znen (The American brand alias is Amigo powersports) ss-150. It’s pretty cool except for the lack of oomph. Has a USB port, all newish tech on it.

HERE is my problem. I didn’t pay enough attention, and I purchased this scooter without realizing that it has 3.5-10 rims, which is way smaller than I wanted. I wanted at least 13” rims. I’ve done some research, but half of my results are about kick scooters.

My question for you all; Can I purchase a larger diameter pair of rims? Even 12 inches would be satisfactory. Would they work on the scooter, or is there just no room?

In the event of a no on that, what can I do to make my riding safer and smoother? Wider tires? Lower tire pressure? Could I potentially increase the overall size of my wheel with a larger tire?

I hope to hear back from some people on here. I goofed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by psikiguy; 08-07-2021 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Text not showing