View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #2

LMAO

I'm not experienced at all with cars/motorcycles/scooters. I'm an experienced electrical engineer but still have trouble figuring out where to take apart my scooter.

Got Key Out, but it gets worse…

So I tried vice grips and WD40 with the seat still on. I tried so hard that I twisted the key some. Now I'm really upset, fearing that the scooter I just got yesterday (used) won't even let me get home.

The shame of having to call a family member to pick me up… was beginning to be a real possibility

I take the bolt off under the seat and completely remove the seat. I jingle while pressing the latch for the seat in. FINALLY the twisted key comes out.

I carefully test it in the ignition. ALL is good. However now I need a new key!
Is this something somebody locally can make? Where can I get this key made.

My plan: (Please give feedback)

1) Get a new key made asap during lunch.
2) Order a set of new locks from one of the preferred forum vendors (hopefully replacing in a week)

PS Also curious if it had been broken (i don't understand front wheels locking?) would i have been able to reach in there and hotwire it? I could clearly see the wires.

Here's the photos and a video of me losing my mind.

Video:
http://kizer.me/angry.mov

Any suggestions? Where to get a key made? Or tricks to keep the key working for the rest of the week? (This is my only transportation till Friday)

Thanks everybody!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg key.jpg (11.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg key-stuck2.jpg (14.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by ckizer; 07-29-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Adding Video Link