View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #43

It seems like a difference of opinions here. I made the mistake of disagreeing with the majority on "It is the ride" forum.

Those people insist that a Chinese scooter is every bit the equal of anything out of Taiwan or Japan. Even though they clearly admit parts like hoses, cdi's, bearings, belts, variators, batteries, ignition coils, fasteners, carbs, etc. should be replaced during the original PDI. Then they will find somebody that has more than 10,000 miles on a chinascoot and say that it is as good as a Honda? The majority of those guys only owned one or two Chinese scooters and never had a Honda or something comparable that they would call a waste of money.

Unfortunately it got personal and ugly, but I enjoyed picking apart their misinformed point of view making them look like hypocrites until I finally managed to get banned.

And by the way, I clearly stated and believe there is a place and purpose for a Chinese scooter. But that doesn't mean it is as good as a Japanese/Taiwanese scooter or a better value. I have owned two different Chinese scooters as well as Honda, Yamaha, SYM, CPI and others, there is a significant difference.

There is nothing wrong with a Chinese scooter, but there is something wrong with claiming it is something that it isn't.

Yes, you could ride a 150cc chinascoot around town at lower speeds and significantly extend the engine life by not pushing it real hard. But the same can be said about a Japanese/Taiwanese machine, driven gently they will last longer than they already do. If you need a 150cc machine to ride 50-55+ on a regular basis, your best bet is to invest in a higher quality/priced scooter.