View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
That's a shame.....maybe just a sign of the times. I lived in Central Florida for a while, years and years ago. (Forest City, and Casselberry) It was 1965...I bought a little Honda S90, and rode all over that part of the state.

Have some very fond memories of those days....gasoline for $.22 a gallon, a plain burger at McDonalds for $.15, and another $.15 would get ya an order of fries.....And of course, being 17 years old, with a brand new Honda.......Boy, what I wouldn't give to go....well, you know
You're making me feel EVEN older! I got out of the service & got married in 1965. If someone thinks that it's too cold to ride , they didn't spend most of their life in New England! It's NEVER too cold to ride! I finally stopped riding in the winter because I set my street bike up for the Drags. I couldn't get traction on a dry road so winter was out! Irish
P.S. In case you're adding. I graduated High School at 17 & had my folks sign me into the service about two months later! in 1965 I was 21.

Last edited by Irish; 08-20-2015 at 12:19 PM. Reason: To add a P.S.