View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #18

Yeah I think you're the exception Irish. Other than the local HA chapter, the Harleys don't come out around here until the weekend (and only then when its warm and sunny). And even then you'll see some of em being hauled around on trailers. Sorta like the stretched Japanese bikes that have become popular in my city--they are warm and sunny weekend riders.

Personally, I think of riding a Harley as a hobby or a cool accessory for going to a club or bar (if you're into that kind of thing), or something for a Saturday/Sunday afternoon ride with your Harley buddies. They are cool but not very practical for shooting to the store for a jug of milk, ya know?

And then of course probably 99.9% of Harley guys (and pretty much everyone else on motorcycles) are prejudiced against scooters (but this could also be said about most people in America, especially in my state and others where they are regarded as "liquor-cycles"). Not that I particularly care, just saying. There's been probably hundreds of times when I'd be coming head-on towards someone on a motorcycle and see them start to throw the motorcycle hand signal or wave and then quickly take their hand back when they realize its a scooter lol. Its all good though.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by zumaguy123; 03-21-2015 at 10:08 AM. Reason: added something,deleted something