View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #6

Check the intake for leaks and that all hoses are attached . Do you give it any throttle at start up ? My 2T I had to give it just a sip since if I did not sometimes it would hit and die . I later put on a BBK and had the same effect but it would not idle too good or for a long time with out stalling or giving it a lil throttle . I replaced the stock 40 idle jet with a 45 . Now it starts better with no throttle and idles perfect .

One day after a perfect running ride the next morning it would not start up at all . Baffled and mad since it was newish and had not had any problems I called my scooter dealer for advice . He told me how they had a scooter that ran great and also would not start . He said everything checked out , so he drained the carb bowl and fuel tank and filled it up with nonethanol gas and tada it started . I bought a siphon pump to drain the tank at Harbor Freight since it was only 5 bucks and much less hassle than removing hoses . To drain the carb bowl there should be s screw plug you loosen up . Make sure to have the drain hose inside a container rather than have gas get on the ground . I refilled with trusted gas and mine was new again . I was riding in the country and bought gas from a shady station that had some water in the gas . This happened 2 or 3 times again after it would rain since I installed a Uni airfilter . I have a carport and tarp cover but in a heavy storm it seems some water still got in the carb . The other times I only drained the carb bowl instead of the tank . I had blue 2T oil and noticed it flowed clear at first then blue . Put the plug in and it was good again .

Check your sparkplug since a 2T burn oil is common to have it fouled out if you use weedeater grade oil instead of a name brand synthetic or synthetic blend . NGK is the ONLY brand of sparkplug to use . Mine came with a standard type and I replaced with an iridium . I learned about iridiums and synthetic 2T oil while trail riding my Honda CR125 25 years ago from a buddy . Previously I used weed eater oil and standard NGK and I premixed heavy and would have to remove and clean the spark plug with carb cleaner spray . I bought and iridium and Bel Ray MC1 2T and wow it not only started easier , but also ran better and almost no smoke . Before I would leave a com trail