View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I had a bearing that failed in my final drive gear case that caused the same thing to happen to my Tao Tao. It slowed the scooter down a good 10 kph and acceleration suffered as well. Oddly enough the bearing did not make any noise when it failed. I only found it when I took the thing apart when I was at my wits end on trying to figure out why my speed dropped off.
Hy, thanks for your anwser!
I think that this will be it!
Because i bought this scooter from some kid that was not taking care of it the way he should. Infact he didnt even change engine oil in 2 years! First problem was that scooter didnt want to go over 30kph, when i was diagnosting the problem i founded that there was no oil in final gearing at all! When i filled the oil in the problem was gone! Plus scooter is making strange noise on acceleration and deceleration. But i tought that this noise is not releated with the problem because scooter its making this noise from the day i bought it!
Lately its also making noise when idling.
I recorded a video of this noise and also a video of trying to burn a tyre.

This is a video of strange noise

Here is the video of trying to burn a tire! You will see that when i lift scooter up a little bit (0:14) the revs grow fast but as fast i let go revs drop again. This is on realy smooth ground. Before the problem started i was able to burn tyre on regular road with no problem.

Thanks for your help again Bye

Login or Register to Remove Ads