View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 12:09 AM   #6

So I got the 2013 Sym Citycom 300i scooter for $1500.00... that was talked down from $1850. I feel sorry for the lady because I think it she wanted it gone to help her grieving process. She knew it was worth 3k, but happily got rid of it. I am very lucky.

I rented a motorcycle trailer to pick it up today. Watched a youtube video of how to strap it down and got it home without a hitch (no pun). I got a little scared taking it off of the trailer when I almost lost it backing it down, but I recovered and hopped on.

(Note to self. this scooter will not start with the side stand down. Duh!)

As far as the scooter, so far, I am very pleased. Obviously, I feel like I got a great deal. Besides the floorboards being missing, the battery needing charging (done) and it likely needs some other routine maintenance, as best as I can tell, it runs perfectly.

Keep in mind, this is like my first motorized cycle ever and i am 47 so I have like zero experience and knowledge of anything about scooters never mind motorcycles. So here are some observations....

1. Its big. Not too big for me once I get used to it, its just not a small scooter which of course, you all know.

2. Its fast. I mean I was getting on it and I had tons to spare.

3. The headlights seem dim to me. The blue high beam indicator is way too bright....I am thinking about some black electrical tape.

4. Its a nice looking bike except the floorboards being missing.

5. Ride was comfortable even for me being 6'2 250 although I do wish the seat was flat going back. I am wondering to myself if that is something that can be customized because if it was, it would be great.

6. Oh and those are the loudest blinkers I have ever heard.

That's it....I feel very fortunate to have gotten it so cheap. Especially since I never get deals like this. i have lots to learn about maintenance and riding. I am taking the msf course on July 11th. ....and I need to get a helmet.