View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 11:13 PM   #2

Oh boy, is the Nitro a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke? IF memory serves me right its a SYM built 4 stroke but I might be wrong. Old age does that. What was the compression before the BBK? What is compression after? That would be one of your base readings regardless of cc size. Always check compression first. If you went from a 50cc to a 100cc, you will need to change out the idle (pilot jet) and possibly move the needle slide position OR replace it with a different taper. Could be the transmission needs to be re-calibrated because the belt is pulling in to early also. Also not getting enough air? Is the plug wet right after stalling out? Is it really dark black (rich) or ashy white (lean)? Did you get a base reading of the operating temp before the bbk? Just asking because data points help diagnose problems too. I mostly do 2 strokes (use a full Vapor system for go-carts when tuning) but have done a 4 stroke Zuma 125 into a 165 no-name kit from Taiwan and that thing was super fast afterwards. Zuma motor ended up in a Ruckus build. Miss that motor.....