View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ter View Post
Oh boy, is the Nitro a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke? IF memory serves me right its a SYM built 4 stroke but I might be wrong. Old age does that. What was the compression before the BBK? What is compression after? That would be one of your base readings regardless of cc size. Always check compression first. If you went from a 50cc to a 100cc, you will need to change out the idle (pilot jet) and possibly move the needle slide position OR replace it with a different taper. Could be the transmission needs to be re-calibrated because the belt is pulling in to early also. Also not getting enough air? Is the plug wet right after stalling out? Is it really dark black (rich) or ashy white (lean)? Did you get a base reading of the operating temp before the bbk? Just asking because data points help diagnose problems too. I mostly do 2 strokes (use a full Vapor system for go-carts when tuning) but have done a 4 stroke Zuma 125 into a 165 no-name kit from Taiwan and that thing was super fast afterwards. Zuma motor ended up in a Ruckus build. Miss that motor.....

Thanks for the reply, i appreciate it.
Your memory is fine! yes a SYM build 4 stroke
Sadly i did not take any compression or temp reading - as i do not have the tools.

It does "feel" like its running hot. i checked the plug and its black, but its also from last year. I'll put a new one in a start it up and check it out tomorrow.
I was playing around with the mixture setting, but it had little to no affect.

Maybe i'll put the stock jet back in? None of them are marked, so i don't know the actual size of them.

I also confirmed the timing is bang on, and the rockers are at .004.
Also on the stand and rev'ing, it seems like its restricted. Previously i could go to 9k, now it struggles to get to 7k.

...should have went to a 80cc kit

Login or Register to Remove Ads