View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 05:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
So the next thing I'm going to ask you to do, is to run a jumper a wire (20 AWG or larger) between the BROWN/BLUE wire and the BLUE wire and turn on the ignition. DO NOT LET THE EXPOSED CONTACTS SHORT TO THE CHASSIS WHILE THE IGNITION POWER IS ON (or you will be replacing fuses). If the high beams come on, check that the blue wire's connector is making a firm contact, then replace the switch assembly. If the high beams don't come on, you either have a blown high beam filament, or a break in the BLUE wire - check for voltage on the blue wire entering the headlight socket on the front cowling.
Wow! I love you.
The first thing I tried just now was connecting the BROWN/BLUE wire to the BLUE wire, turned on the ignition, and the high beam was working!

I will correct myself from earlier, when I mentioned 'green' wire I meant to say 'dark green'.
Is there a possibility that the dark green wire has a break somewhere? Because it doesn't seem to make any readings with negative or positive terminal of the battery. Perhaps when the switch connects the blue + dark green, it may not be completing the circuit.

[edit] I just tested the switch again and I am most certain it is working as needed. To prove it, with the switch uninstalled, I put a jumper from the green wire to the blue wire and the high beams did not work.
I can't quite figure out where the green wire leads to since it is wrapped up in a huge bundle that follows into a difficult part of the bike to get to.

Last edited by blackout; 09-04-2016 at 06:50 PM.