View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #6

Send a message via MSN to lykos23 Send a message via Skype™ to lykos23
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterwayne View Post
You guys have some other bad juju going on with your computer's.

I ran a few tests and this is what I got for ScootDawg. . . .

scootdawg.net
Summary
Norton Safe Web found no issues with this site.
0 •Computer Threats:
0 •Identity Threats:
0 •Annoyance factors:

Total threats on this site: 0

PS, Don't blame ScootDawg when your FREE Anti-virus goes off for NO reason.

I've been working as a computer technician for over six years. If anything, Avast is over-protective (especially compared to Norton) and, like I said, it's probably just a false positive. 1: I never blamed scootdawg, I simply asked "what's up with that?". There's a huge difference; maybe a thesaurus would help? 2: Paid, or free, Avast still signals every time I visit the site. It should be a concern when even my tablet's antivirus won't let me use the smileys on this site especially considering the hundreds of potential new users visiting the site with a similar antivirus now scared off because of a simple false positive. 3: There obviously is some reason for it or it wouldn't be going off in the first place. I'm an absurdist, and still, I think there's some reason here. 4: You may be a moderator, but I still don't appreciate being told what to do. Seriously. Not even a "please"? As in "please don't blame scootdawg...". I come to this site, out of all the scooter sites on the web, I buy from your sponsors, I contribute what information I can, I work hard to be a good member. Then I'm treated like this? For trying to notify you guys of an issue I'm having? Seriously? The only point that I'm trying to make is that if I'm having an issue with my antivirus, then chances are so are a lot of other people which would easily scare off a new user. I'm an experienced long time user and I'm still put off by the messages I'm getting from my antivirus, not because I think they're a serious threat, but because it's just annoying. EDIT: Avast is disabling the formatting and smilies, sorry for this hard to read message.
16/50 Performance Gears
Six 9g Dr. Pulley variator slider weights
2k clutch springs
38 Pilot Jet
95 Main Jet
Pirelli SL-26 Tires
10w40 Castrol 4T
A9 Camshaft
Performance exhaust
81.2889cc, 50mm BBK