View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #2

I've always thought this was a good idea. Even if smaller rides were put together, like say riding around a great lake, or on some of the lesser used roads that run for miles and miles here in the USA. RT30, an east/west road, comes to mind, RT1 a north/south road, RT11, and RT15 all eastern roads that run for many miles.

When I ride down to CON, (all of 2 times now LOL) the ride is just thrilling to me.
Then once there, I need to roll off the throttle, and ride at Ruck'ers pace, and I find that just as much fun.
As a young man, I always needed to fly!!
As an older man, I just need to ride, and speed just dont matter anymore.

One other aspect comes to mind, from following the SCB's, those guys and girls would throw those ponies down in the parking lots of the hotel and motels and wrench way into the night, offering each other parts and tools, expertise with repairs.
I found that to be a great aspect, of true scootering, if you will. well to me anyway.

I'd pick on a smaller mileage route plan, as many just do not have time for a couple of weeks for a trip like that. Many of those SCB folks, sent their scoots to the starting lines in shipping containers. Then a chase truck, is needed, spare parts, tools.

I love the idea myself, I dont know about 3500 miles right off the bat for me.