View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #5

CSC are supporting the RX3 very well. I can call and speak with their head mechanic for the RX3 anytime for help and advice and they will ship out replacement parts for no cost under warranty with no hesitation. They don't have a dealer network, but under the warranty they will pay a local repair shop to do any work required and ship them any parts they need. It's not the same support you'd get from a Honda, but them again if you complained that there was a little pulsing in the front brake, Honda wouldn't instantly ship you a new brake rotor (as CSC did for me), and if you took it to the dealer they'd first have to make sure the disc was actually out of spec and then get approval from Honda before they would replace it.

There probably aren't many "lemon" RX3s (I've not heard of one). Their QC is very good. Every bike is actually Dyno tested before it leaves the Zongshen factory for example and if it doesn't meet specs it doesn't get shipped.

I don't know if the "US Brand" name Chinese scooters are any better than the generic scooters. They claim to be better but they don't say why. Are the components better? Is the wiring better? Is the quality control better? Are they made in different factories than the "scooter in a crate" models from Jonway, Roketta, Tao Tao etc. If they are charging 2x the price it would be nice to know what you are paying for.

The fact that you can get parts from a number of places and those parts fit everything from Roketta to a Jonway, Shenke,Wolf, Bintelli etc. suggests that they are pretty much all the same machines.

I'm not saying all Chinese scooters are unreliable crap, because if I thought that I wouldn't have bought more than one of them. With reasonable mechanical skill they can be kept running and provide fairly reliable transport. However I have no illusions about their typical intrinsic (lack of) quality and quality control.

I'm sure the Chinese are capable of manufacturing and assembling a world class scooter if they wanted to. It's just that they don't, or at least if they do I've never seen one sold here.
2015 CSC Cyclone RX3

Login or Register to Remove Ads