View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 05:19 PM   #7

I pulled the carb apart last night.. Sheng Wey 24mm with a 108 main jet.. a little bit of muck in the float bowl, but not bad.. pulled jets and screws and blew through all of the passages.. didn't seem bad.. put it back together and now the high idle at startup is higher, and the idle is lower, to the point of wanting to die sometimes .. mixture screw seems way too far out after adjusting for optimum idle speed (well over 4 turns out)..

Haven't received the new cold start choke yet .. how is that supposed to work? I tested voltage at the plug (around 12 or 13 volts AC ) when I started the bike .. no reading when I just turned the key on .. when the bike started, it went to high idle and a relatively constant voltage reading.. when it dropped off of high idle, the voltage reading was still constant, yet the valve must have closed to drop the idle so much ..

What I haven't done yet is a valve adjustment and a extensive check for vacuum leaks.. what I did see is that the spark plug is now approaching white.. before I did anything, it was actually a light brown.. I need to do some more testing, but am curious how the choke is supposed to work..

Thanks again for the help.